DIY: led gaisma un krāsu maiņa instrumentu paneļos

Bamperi, spoileri, virsbūves modifikācijas, krāsošana, interjers, diski, utml. | Bampers, spoilers, bodywork, painting, interior, rims, etc.

DIY: led gaisma un krāsu maiņa instrumentu paneļos

Postby Roberts » 06 Jan 2019, 11:38

Sagatavoju info priekš starptautiska foruma tādēļ apraksts angļu valodā. Ja kādi jautājumi, droši rakstiet tepat.

This DIY is about cheap and effective way to brighten up and change color of your EG Civic or any other car heater control or instrument cluster. Basically LED light and color change in car instrument clusters. Hope that someone will find it useful!

Tools/parts needed:
- soldering tool
- self adhesive led strip (output color choice is yours), I used high lumen output SMD5050 with 60led per meter
- transparent self adhesive film (color choice is yours)
- 2 blade spade terminal connectors (~2,8mm width)
- self adhesive aluminum tape (optional)
- patience

I used 15cm long self adhesive led strip (bright white) and placed it right here for clean installation. I also added self adhesive tape to reflect some of the light, but this is optional.

Then soldered positive and negative wires and crimped the ends to blade spade terminal connectors (~2,5mm width) which could be easily attached to original bulb socket.

This is the final result! Much better than it is with small oem bulbs.

If you want something different, then there's easy and cheap way to customise colors of any of your clusters. Just buy self adhesive transparent film and place it wherever you want to change color. Following is just an example of doing it. You can do JDM style amber etc. if you want.
Roberts
LHK biedrs - Reāls ņuņčuks

Re: DIY: led gaisma un krāsu maiņa instrumentu paneļos

Postby Roberts » 11 Feb 2019, 23:38

Small update on different led color

Ordered some amber led on ebay (5050 SMD Orange) and have some final result to share with you.
One problem that occured right away is - orange/amber color output through blue climate control area turns out garbage... So I gave it a try and modified this area.
I carefully put tape around this area edges and cleaned blue color off with acetone! It worked like a charm and I really like how it turned out at the end.

Roberts

Return to Izskats | Appearance